Submit to A/S
We are currently closed for submissions.
For general inquiries about the magazine, please email us.
Armchair/Shotgun accepts fiction, non-fiction, and poetry works as well as photo-essays and visual media. Submissions need not be constrained to these forms, but we are looking for a certain coherency within the submitted work. We are a small magazine run by working writers, and we read all pieces we receive–please allow up to five months before sending inquiries.
We do not consider previously published material, or works currently being considered by other publications. Please do not submit work submitted to Armchair/Shotgun elsewhere until you hear from us regarding your piece’s status.
Please note that pieces submitted to Armchair/Shotgun are assessed anonymously, without regard to an author’s name or bio.
All text submissions must be formatted as a Word document (.doc, not .docx) or an Adobe PDF. All visual media submissions must be formatted as JPGs. Keep all emails under 5MB. Please send submissions to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Please submit no more than five works at a time.
- If submitting multiple works, please send each as an individual file as they will be considered independently.
- Please submit no more than two works at a time.
- Submissions longer than 10,000 words are discouraged.
- Non-fiction works will appear either on our website or in our print edition at the editors’ discretion.
- Please send pitches to us here.
- Please submit no more than 8 photographs or graphic works at a time.
- Single photographs or graphic works will not be considered; please limit your submissions to photo-essays or graphic works with a coherent narrative arc or message.
We look forward to your work!